Thursday, October 14, 2010

Literacy in the Digital University

Today I have attended the ESRC seminar for Literacy in the Digital University. There were many interesting presentations, including an excellent talk by Eszter Hargittai.  I will be really interested to read some of the work she's published about the demographics of digital skills and their perceived impact on student behaviour.  I also came away thinking about the post-human nature of the some of the storytelling I've been analysing: specifically the hybrid way that the machine templates intersect with human generated text to tell our stories in tweet and update streams.

I also need to resurrect my twitter account, having promised to do so at 7.25 this morning, live on air for BBC Radio Leicester.  But Twitter is too busy right now, so that will have to wait for another day.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home