Friday, October 10, 2008

A snapshot of the UK academic bloggers?

The Times Higher has just published a short piece profiling the development of bloggers in the HE sector. It makes for interesting reading, not just because my blog gets a mention in it, but because it highlights many of the benefits and pitfalls that lie ahead for an academic who blogs. For me, it is the possibility to connect with people who I might never meet face to face, and to get feedback from them that is by far the most useful advantage of blogging. The suggestions I've had about using wikis and facebook, and the leads for further reading in my research have been great.

So while I might feel that my time is constantly being taken up with the day to day business of being a course director, teaching and trying to get papers written, I'll be keeping my blog going, so please leave me comments as they do help shape my work.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well a tweet about this lead me to your blog. Subscribed. Why not come along to the next Birmingham bloggers meet - you can keep track of dates at

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=4209690476

You might also fancy the social media cafe on the morning of the last Friday of the month

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=22916051461

2:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home